Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Windrider Backpack
Selected as “Best Ultralight Pack” by Backpacker Magazine, the 2400 Windrider is HMG’s flagship ultralight pack and is a first choice for Appalachian Trail and long-distance hikers. This 40 liter, 28.2 oz. (799 gram) pack is perfect for weekend trips, section hiking, or months on the trails where frequent re-supply points are available, such as the AT, the Long Trail, or the El Camino de Santiago.
Constructed from our Cuben/50d Poly hybrid-fabric, the 2400 Windrider is lightweight, durable and will be one of the most comfortable packs you’ve ever owned. This pack includes a roll-top closure, Y-strap top compression, four side compression straps, an internal mesh hydration sleeve, hydration port, removable internal aluminum stays, sternum strap, and three external mesh pockets for added volume and storage - great for stowing snacks for the day, a water bladder, an extra jacket, or drying damp gear as you hike.
New features for 2014 include fully sealed side seams for improved water resistance, a double-reinforced 150d pack bottom, re-designed hip-belt pockets for improved utility, and extended hip-belt length for better wrap around support and improved weight transfer capability from the shoulders to the hips.
Recommended weight carrying capacity range of the 2400 Windrider is 20-40lbs and as with all HMG packs, a rain cover is not required, however we do highly recommend Cuben fiber stuff sacks to compartmentalize your gear and provide an added layer of water resistant security.
1.8lbs : 28.2oz : 799g
• Interior Storage Volume: 2400 cubic inch main compartment.
• Exterior Storage Volume: 600 cubic inch mesh outer pockets (300 cu in main pocket; 150 cu in side pockets).
• Weight = 1.8 lbs (28.2 oz.)
• Includes two removable, flexible aluminum stays which form to the users back.
• Main body material is made from a durable, 100% waterproof, rip-stop Cuben Fiber/50d Polyester hybrid material.
• Three mesh outer pockets on sides and back of pack.
• Cushioned antimicrobial hip belt with a wide, 1½” webbing belt.
• Two rainproof hip pockets for snacks or electronics.
• Roll-top storm closure with Velcro to keep closure aligned and easy to roll closed.
• Top Y-strap compressor system – designed to also hold sleep¬ing pad or other gear.
• Side compression straps to tighten pack load and to stow trekking poles when not in use.
• Removable straps to store snowshoes or other equipment.
• Ice axe loop.
• Thicker padded shoulder straps with moisture wicking, anti¬microbial mesh spacer fabric allowing for both cushion and maximum air flow.
• Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic.
• Internal hydration sleeve with hydration hose port.
• Double reinforced Cuben/150d Poly pack bottom.
• Fully sealed main body seams.
• Bar tack reinforcements on all stress points.
• Stitched with Spectra Fiber thread and a bonded tex 69.
Small (15.0”-17.0” torso)
Medium (17.0”-19.0” torso)
Large (19.0”-20.0” torso)
Tall (21.0” + torso)
Top Circumference - 37 1/2" or 95.25cm
Bottom Circumference - 33 1/2" or 85.09cm
Height Fully Unrolled - 30" or 72.6cm
Back width - 10 1/2" or 26.67cm
Small 2400 cu/in
Medium 2400 cu/in
Large 2500 cu/in
Tall 2500 cu/in
$290 No. 1124 Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 Windrider Pack